Water not very hot in electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton T80 (8.4KW) electric shower which just isn't giving water as hot as it did at high temperature, certainly not as hot as during the summer anyway.
The shower has four settings for power, off - cold - warm - hot and there is also the rotary temperature control.
With the power on hot and the temperature control near high, the water isn't very hot anymore.
I don't know if this is associated with the very cold weather we are having or an electrical problem but would like to know.
The shower is fitted against a wall without cavity wall insulation, not that this has mattered in the past, and I live in suburban Manchester which hasn't been too badly affected with snow.

Sponsored Links
this is winter. The incoming water is colder than in summer, so the outgoing water will also be colder.

your electric shower is capable of warming (say) 5 litres per minute of water by (say) 30 degrees C

so in summer, with the incoming water at (say) 15C, it will come out at 45C; but in winter, with it coming in at (say) 5C it will come out at 35C

numbers are illustrative only.

I have a Triton T80 (8.4KW) electric shower which just isn't giving water as hot as it did at high temperature, certainly not as hot as during the summer anyway.
The shower has four settings for power, off - cold - warm - hot and there is also the rotary temperature control.
With the power on hot and the temperature control near high, the water isn't very hot anymore.
I don't know if this is associated with the very cold weather we are having or an electrical problem but would like to know.
The shower is fitted against a wall without cavity wall insulation, not that this has mattered in the past, and I live in suburban Manchester which hasn't been too badly affected with snow.

Only other possibility is the TCO has popped. Did someone turn the temp control to full max and leave it? Mine went a few months back after her indoors turned the temp control on max then forgot about the shower for 5 mins. Our shower cycles repeatedly hot-cold when the TCO goes, whether its the same for other showers, I dont know.

Sponsored Links
You need to run some tests with a multi meter.
More likely a failed bottom tco or heating element.

Have you got the bottom temp neon on ?

Many parts fot the t80 are now obsolete.

good point about the elements.

the water should be noticably warm at the low power setting, and noticably warmer at the high power setting (regardless of the rotational knob).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back