water on external wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently moved into a flat that is about 2 years old and have noticed that there is water appearing on one of my external walls, any ideas why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
bloody hell mate.
give a little more info.
open your eyes and look outside for a start.

Young man, there`s a place you can go I said young man We`re the ones in the know...It`s fun to talk to the NHBC........yes it`s the NHBC. :LOL: :LOL: :cool:

topbanana said:
b****y hell mate.
give a little more info.
open your eyes and look outside for a start.
Open your eyes,,,pull back the curtain.to see for certain.any damp will do :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:D now youve got me humming village people songs.
i'll have to log off and listen to some heavy metal to get it out of my head.

didnt take in the the 2 years old bit!!
yes nhbc are the people to get in touch with.
all the best and tell us what happens.

Anyway, if it's a cavity wall (sure to be) it's not likely to be penetrating damp from rain or an overflow pipe on the outside of the wall, might be a leak through the roof or a plumbing leak, especially if it appears near a radiator or tap, but much more likely condensation.

Does anyone leave damp washing about the house or over radiators or in the airing cupboard while damp; or use a non-vented tumble drier; or have baths and showers without using the extractor fan? Do you boil vegetables and make steam in the kitchen? Is this a room that doesn't often have the window or trickle vent open? Is it a relatively cold room in the house?

Spot on John, thanks for a sensible answer ;) NHBC might want fees :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back