Water penetration at base of garage (2) (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if you got this done before me and if so how did it go?

I ended up getting sick and only just coming back to it now.
That makes two of us I have not had chance to implement any fix until recently.

With all the rain this year the garage is worse than ever.

I have dug a drainage ditch arount the back and put a mortar fillet around any exposed slab to deflect from the base of the garage wall into the ditch but nothing beyond this.

The worrying part is sfter digging round the back of the garage the ground I have no access to due to my neighbours fence is higher than the floor level of the garage. Looks to be maybe 2-3" higher than the floor but I just have no access to remove the soil. Tried to fit one of the kids down there to dig it out but that didnt go down well.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

Any advice for dealing with something like this?

At hsi point I even considered just rebuilding the whole thing but thats a push on budget and my experience level.

IMG_2782.jpg

Sponsored Links
Show us the gutters and downpipe please.

You might be able to rake some of the soil away. You will need a long pole.

Show us the gutters and downpipe please.

You might be able to rake some of the soil away. You will need a long pole.
Sorry, working away from home at the moment but gutters in good condition on lower side of the flat room fo water drains into them and they feed directly into a drain. The water is coming in from the side of the garage at highest elevation where I have no access to gig down to get external ground lower than the garage.

Currently thinking of knocking the worst wall down and moving it 50cm in to give me some space for a drainage channel and external tanking. Maybe a dwarf wall with wooden top half as I am not too sure about rebuilding the side wall myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back