Water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, hope everyone is enjoying the good weather for once!!

Got a really simple question, but I can seem to find a concise answer anywhere......

Basically I'm just building my new kitchen extension up to damp and need to run a water pipe from where the existing sink is to the far back wall.

Does anyone know where this should run?? Under the slab or within the screed?
Should it be run in a duct?
Can it be chased into the rear wall and out to tap position? ( I don't want to see any exposed pipework)
If so does it need a join within the inner skin so it can run through the cavity down hill to avoid damp issues?

Sorry for the question but plumbing is not my fortè

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
If you run it in the ground then make sure to use good quality plastic barrier pipe

try and avoid any joints under the ground due to future maintenance

Run it along the back wall 3 inches off the finished floor level will mean it is out of the way and you dont need to chop back of units unnecessarily

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply..... Unfortunately not as the units won't run the full section of the wall.

Also we plan to have an island roughly where the existing sink is so it will have to go through the floor from here to the external wall.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks Happy plumber!

Was gonna use 20mm poly in a sleeve does that sound ok?

So basically you mean run it on top of insulation and under screed (75mm) will it kink if I bend it to bring it up vertical?

What about getting it up wall from floor? Chase it in to inner leaf of block work? How deep?

How do I get it out the wall from that point... As in getting a bend in it?
Join in wall?

Sorry for all the q's but like I said I don't know much about plumbing haha obviously I'll get a plumber to do all the important stuff, I just nee to get everything to the correct position!!

Thanks so much for finding the time to help I really appreciate it!!

Dont bother to chase it into the wall as there is no need because the units will cover it

Where the pipe comes out of the floor make sure the radius of the bend is not too tight thus avoiding any kinks

I would use 22mm barrier pipe

Thanks hp,

Sorry maybe I'm explaining myself badly.... There won't be any units to cover the vertical run, it will be a blank 900mm wall. It is the back wall where our bifold doors will be.

So would you say to run 22mm barrier pipe along new floor under screed carefully radius the pipe so it pokes out within the inner skin of blockwork (so that it isn't visible once floor is tiled) run to correct height within wall chase.

How deep should I chase?

Thanks again you're a legend!!

As it is cold water make sure you if you need to bury it then it is just enough into the block so it is hidden make sure to put a bit of felt lagging so it wont sweat in the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back