Water Pipes 15mm 22mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a terrace house with a combi boiler downstairs. Im refitting my bathroom. I have looked and seems like i have 15mm feeds both hot and cold coming from my boiler into my bathroom.

I want to install a mains powered shower. I have alot of 22mm and 15mm pushfit pipes and bits. I just dont know what to do for the best.

As a rule ive herd you use 22mm for hot and 15mm for cold?

If i run 22mm hot to my shower would there be any point when i have the hot in 15mm directly from the boiler, would there be any gain?

Any help would be great , cheers

Sponsored Links
With your combi, I would say 15mm is fine to supply a shower.

A thermostatic mixer shower is best suited for combi's

Al

Sponsored Links
Reading between the lines, you want to fit an electric shower. If you are set on one of these, then a 15mm cold feed is fine.

However, if your combi produces a reliable flow of hot water, then I recommend you forget electric and put a thermostatic bar mixer in, fed from your hot and cold.

I dislike electric showers, and unless you go for the most powerful (and expensive to run!), then the flow is often pathetic.

Then there's the high cost of fitting electric. A decent shower will be £200, plus the same again for an electrician to run a heavy cable from consumer unit, including switches and MCB.

Do yourself a favour

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/mira-co...gleBase&utm_medium=GB&utm_campaign=GoogleBase

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back