Water pressure reducer

Many many thanks for your replies all.
Thank you OBND for your efforts especially, so grateful for you looking up data.

Sponsored Links
th
I had a leak on one of these. I assume the bladder lost the pressure so the whoel component went "water solid". Pressure spike then started to work through the band that joins the two halves together - and the water tracked out, down and onto the top side of an expensive LED 1200x300 panel below. I had to then swap out the pair otherwise I'd be left with non-matching set. Balls.

The small copper one had different problems, but as it's an expansion vessel you're after, then I'll spare you the detail of the shock arrestor. (Either device would function as a shock arresetor, but only the bulbous one would work as an expansion vessel).

Nozzle

I have fitted a Zilmet 0.16Ltr Potable Expansion Vessel Shock Arrestor in the cold water system near to the boiler in the loft and this has solved the excess pressure reading on the pressure reducer guage.
However, after a week of no problems, I'm now getting a loud water hammer when the hot bathroom tap is turned on. There is no noise when it is turned off. The noise is coming from the loft, where the expansion vessel is fitted. The cold bathroom tap also hammers when it is turned on for about 3 times after the hot tap has been used. The same problems occur, albeit a lower noise, when using the kitchen taps.
Can anyone please advise. I know I can get hammer reducers but if I fit them to all 4 taps, at about £25 a throw it's getting a bit expensive. I just can't understand how in the first week there were no problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back