water pressure, tall house

Ok, so I need a gauge for the first, what do I need to ask the water co to do?

Thanks for all the advice, I would have spentv250 on that booster.

Sponsored Links
You just need to phone ask the water company if they can come out and test the water pressure/flow at the last point before it heads to your house, as you are seeing pressure/flow problems. They usually test at the toby or the water meter out in the street.

You just need to phone ask the water company if they can come out and test the water pressure/flow at the last point before it heads to your house, as you are seeing pressure/flow problems. They usually test at the toby or the water meter out in the street.

Great will do. I assume I should be asking them what the dynamic pressure is.

They will tend to give you one reading, you could have a chat when the chap is there and get him to gauge it when the water is running.

Sponsored Links
So, Thames Water maintain they have no supply problems in my area and it must be my internal plumbing.

Are they obliged to come if I insist?

Not sure with Thames Water, never having dealt with them. Someone else on here may be able to advise if they have had dealings with Thames Water. I certainly know that other suppliers will comes out and test, of course we are in extraordinary times just now.

That being said, if you check this page, half way down, it seems to imply that they will comes and test

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/help-and-advice/no-water-or-low-pressure/understanding-water-pressure

I'm going to keep pushing, I don't think "no supply probs in your area" is sufficient!

I'm going to keep pushing, I don't think "no supply probs in your area" is sufficient!
I think you just need to take a different approach with them. You may also have been unlucky with the rep that answered your call.

You need to suggest that someone has been in and checked everything and hasn't identified any internal issues and that there may be something to do with the mains valves etc in the street but you need to get it checked.

You do need to balance that with what's going on just now and whether they have the suitable resource to come out to do a test at the moment and you need to be flexible with that too.

I think you just need to take a different approach with them. You may also have been unlucky with the rep that answered your call.

You need to suggest that someone has been in and checked everything and hasn't identified any internal issues and that there may be something to do with the mains valves etc in the street but you need to get it checked.

You do need to balance that with what's going on just now and whether they have the suitable resource to come out to do a test at the moment and you need to be flexible with that too.

Solid advice, thank you! I'm going to call them rather than DM on Twitter.

After being told there are no supply issues, a card cane thru the letter box informing us the they will be mending a supply pipe in our street today. Guess we'll see whether that's the problem.

Makes me think their support person was fobbing me off.

Makes me think their support person was fobbing me off.

With the current circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if the advisors are being directed to check if there are any local problems and if not then that's what they reference.

You will have to be a bit more precise I guess but again all the services will be under increased pressure just now.

Of course wouldn't stop you having a chat with the chaps in the street when you see them to see if anything can be done/checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back