Water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There has recently been a water mains leak near to where I live and the water pressure appears to have dropped. This has also affected the boiler it is Potterton Puma 80e and is connected directly to the mains but the hot water now takes a while to get to its optimum flow. I am contacting Thames Water to check the pressure but they'll probably baffle me with science. Am I being daft but will the boiler be affected and what is the minimum pressure required for this type of boiler to perform properly.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

have you got any manuals etc for the boiler? they will give a recommended pressure. Most domestic boilers need 1 - 1.5 bar pressure.

If your water pressure is low as a short term only solution check if the main incoming water valve is open fully etc. Most systems have the valve half or two thirds. Make sure you return the valve to the orginal position though.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back