Water Pressure!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my property's water pressure has recently completely diminished to the point where the upstairs water barely works.

In recent weeks water works have been done in the area, I have spoken to the supplier and they're denying it has anything to do with them and have checked the water pressure upto the external stop tap. It was however, fine, before this was carried out.

What do you think my options are in sorting the pressure out. Would replacing my internal stop tap improve it any (as it is quite old).

Any comments and advice welcome

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Does the water start off well and then almost die off to nothing almost instantly?

If it does then it sounds like a blockage. What sort of work were the water company doing? How long ago was this work? Which water company is it?

If they are doing mains renewal work then it could be pipe swarfe (little blue shavings) caught in the working of the internal stop tap.

If they were repairing a burst then you could have a load of mains sediment (combination of silt/sand/iron particles).

If it's a blockage caused by recent works I'd have ago at getting them to come and sort it out...

Yes the water starts off well then instantly goes to next to nothing.

I think it is mains repair work they're doing (Balfour Beattie), do you think it'd be worth replacing the stop tap or is there another way of clearing it out?

Is it worth following it up with BAlfour Beattie although they deny problem anything to do with them...

Thanks V much

Maybe if you point out that you'll be sending them the bill if it transpires that their debris is blocking your supply they'll send an oik. It might NOT be in the stop tap though :cry:
If the stop tap is new it'll be easy to have a look, but could be horrible if it's old.

Sponsored Links
Changing the stop tap may solve the problem as that is where a blockage is most likely to happen. There and any other restritions in the pipe.

I'm assuming North West as Balfours?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back