Water Proofing a Workshop Single Block Wall - Rendering Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a thread going a while ago ref this problem but just wanted to refresh the situation.

Here's the previous thread.

Damp still seems to be creeping in and I need a solution. I have identified some tanking slurry which I may use on the inside of the wall if I cannot find and fix the source of the damp ingress.

In the mean time, as the sun has decided to come out, I am going to put on the second coat of render. In the attached picture you can see a basic diagram side profile of the wall and workshop. The wall in question is the original single block garden wall up against which I I have built my workshop, using this existing wall as the back wall of my building (it is my wall).

On the back side of the wall it sits on a flat base, at this point water may be seeping through?

When rendering the outside wall should I have gone all the way to the ground, is this correct?
Before rendering with the second coat, to address the potential water ingress problem at the base I was considering laying a strip of DPC along the base to try and direct water away from the wall?

Below this I am going to dig away the soil and lay a sheet of plastic before backfilling?

I'll add some more pics later?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back