water pump repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Irecently had to replaced a seized water pump on my flexicom cx.Rather than throw it away i decided to strip it down and try to repair it .I removed the 4 hex bolts and lifted away the plastic cover.then using 2 flathead screwdrivers i removed the top plate assy by gently prising it off.this was quite tight as it was seized on the bottom shaft.i managed to loosten it a bit by removing the access screw from the bottom and using a flathead driver to rotate the shaft.I then cleaned and lubricated both the shaft and bush and reassembled.it took about thirty minutes.I checked it by plugging it into the pcb and it worked perfectly.I now have a spare pump.Such a simple repair for an expensive item.

Sponsored Links
Well done you. A repair is fine as you did, but a repairman would not have the time for such a task and offering a warranty would not be viable.
Fitting a new part that comes with a warranty from the manufacturer is pretty standard now, but well done for recycling an otherwise scrapped item.
I must add that I used to overhaul combi diverter valves and use then where appropriate.

A thumbs up from me too.

If you have the time and skills, this kind of thing not only can save you money and the environment but is also rather satisfying. Especially worth a go where a part is NLA or prohibitively expensive... unless it's a safety-critical component, of course.

Last year, I repaired a 13-month-old bit of equipment at work that had cost my boss over £10K to purchase. It had suddenly gone completely dead and the manufacturer's agents had quoted £800 for a replacement PCB + £200 engineer's fee + VAT. Five minutes with a multimeter and I found an open-circuit 3-terminal voltage regulator. A replacement cost 25p and took another five minutes to fit, and it's been perfect ever since. I'm still waiting for my thank-you present :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back