Water pump shower.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help with this? -
I want to fit a water pump to boost the shower pressure to my thermostatic shower valve. The airing cupboard is in the bathroom.
The pump has a normal plug on it - which has confused me! I was going to wire it to a fused spur outside of the bathroom. The instruction say to use the plug which isn't really possible in the bathroom. Or are plugs allowed in airing cupboards? Can the pump go under the bath?
Perhaps I should just change pumps for one that doesnt have a plug on it! If such things exist.

Sponsored Links
CMR said:
Can the pump go under the bath?
As long as it can't be reached by someone using the bathroom who might be wet and not know what they're doing, they yes.

This usually means that all of the electrics must be behind the bath panel, which must not be removable without using tools. And (clearly) the pump and the plug must be kept away from anything that might drip onto them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back