water regs/energy efficiency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a point of clarification here (sorry if done many times)

do CORGI really require you to have done these courses?

Sponsored Links
You need water regs if you are laying mains water pipes or doing any work on pipes covered by the water regs.

These are mainly mains water pipes but cover all pipes in a combi fed house.

Energy efficiency is now required if you are fitting a new gas boiler !!!! Didn't you know that? They gas installers TWO years to get it as well as a subsidy on the course cost.

Tony

hmm, so effectively if i want to install a combi (which lets face it we all have to do) i need both?

oh well, can't think of anything better to spend three hundred notes on.

I don't see why CORGI require you to have Water Regs qualifications...

Water Companies don't require you to have qualifications - and it is the Water Co's who are responsible for enforcement of Water Regulations (not those robbing sods at the kennel club).

The only stipulation is that work carried out must comply with the water regulations - something you don't need a ticket for, just a sound knowledge of the regs. A DIY'er can install water pipes, it is only certain things that need inspecting (or self-certifying) such as new supply installations or existing supply replacements (up the drive etc).

Sponsored Links
Agree with boxbasher, I only have the energy efficiency ticket. You can't notify new condensing boilers without it ;)

I'm surprised they (CORGI) haven't started charging you to notify that your van is taxed and insured...

Maybe from the 1st July they will charge their RGI's £300 a year to certify that their van's are smokefree...

Do they actually charge RGI's for notification of Water Regs compliant installations?

BoxBasher said:
I'm surprised they (CORGI) haven't started charging you to notify that your van is taxed and insured...

Maybe from the 1st July they will charge their RGI's £300 a year to certify that their van's are smokefree...

Do they actually charge RGI's for notification of Water Regs compliant installations?

That will be checked on your annual inspection, if you get one, when the corgi inspector drives with you to the site. He will ask to see the ashtrays :LOL:

BoxBasher said:

If you join their CPS then you need water regs.More money for aload of old rubbish.

mgheating said:
hmm, so effectively if i want to install a combi (which lets face it we all have to do) i need both?

oh well, can't think of anything better to spend three hundred notes on.

£300 :eek:

£65 mine a one day jobbi ;)

Absolute load of cpra (anag) :LOL:

The take on needing the water regs for corgi is that if you join their scheme should you install a waste connection into a room that prevoiously never had any waste pipe/soil pipe fitted they will register it with LABC instead of you having to have the building inspector inspect and test the drain.

They used to let you join the plumbing scheme for unventeds as well however not many people bothered paying the £175 membership plus £200 inspection hence why we now get unventeds with your gas registration as long as you hold G3.

Water regs was the biggest waste of money yet, multi choice exam where the questions tell you which book and which page to find the answer.

lcgs said:
They used to let you join the plumbing scheme for unventeds as well however not many people bothered paying the £175 membership plus £200 inspection hence why we now get unventeds with your gas registration as long as you hold G3.

When it works :rolleyes: Been trying to notify a unistor for 10 days now :eek: Corgi says there is a problem. Well I would have never guessed :eek:

I'd have never guessed it would have been a unistor that you fit. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back