Water running down outside of soil stack.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.I had some work done, by the housing association, to stop water coming in the house via the soil stack breather pipe, for the second time as the first was a total bodge. Can anyone tell me, in their opinion, if the job done is good enough to stop the problem, as its doesn't look too clever and there is still a problem with water coming in (in fact it is worse than before). The water only comes in when the wind is blowing in a certain direction, straight at the back of the house. As you can see in the photos they have used silicone sealant round the collar, which shouldn't be needed if it fitted properly. Also since the second time they've done it some of the tiles are raised as you can see in photos.
This is the only side I could take photo of as I couldn't get round the other side with camera, but from the garden through binoculars the other side of the stack looks worse.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Housing Assns. USED to employ Tradesmen - I was one of them - Then a Politician sacked the lot of us and ........ the rest is history :rolleyes: :LOL: :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back