Water seeping into footing trench

D

DeletedUser

I have just started to dig a trench for the footings for a small wall I want to build, the only trouble is water is filling up in the trench, my question is, can I still just pour concrete in it and it will set, or is there something else I have to do first? Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Sponsored Links
I think it will be fine, the concrete will sink to the bottom and the water will lay on top, but the concrete will set fine.
Just dont mess about with it or mix it up.
You'll need to get it flattish and level, but do it quickly before the surface gets submerged.

Excessive amounts of water should be bailed or pumped out. The trench bottom should then be shovelled out to rid it of any mushy, muddy clay.

If there is any more water present prior to adding the concrete then mix the first lot semi-dry then add regular 'crete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back