Water seeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Water approximately 20-25 litres every 24 hours from one corner used seep through into foudations. With foundation concrete in last monday now 2-3 litres every 24 hours seeps through. Clay has dried rock solid but this water from water table won't stop. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Burst water main?

What dewatering are you doing?

Ah yes your little raft extension.. ok where to the current rainwater pipes lead to? if you have a soakaway within about 5m of the extension it may be causing the problems.

Static said:
Burst water main?

What dewatering are you doing?

Ah yes your little raft extension.. ok where to the current rainwater pipes lead to? if you have a soakaway within about 5m of the extension it may be causing the problems.

Hi "static"

Yeah up my little raft extension.

Its a big problem for the street. I had waterboard out three years ago. They tested water and came back with results as not mains water but ground water. Apparently there is a water table at back and appears to be a big one. Any one digs into ground more than a meter in the street water seeps through.

I dug foundations 1 meter deep. So far I had concrete poured into trench 600 wide and 300 deep. The flow has slowed down quite a lot but hasn't stopped. Make foundation height to 1meter with foundation blocks. Ordered materials yesterday.

Current rainwater pipes go from side of home to drains in front. As far as I am aware there isn't a soakaway but I am not sure.

Can you clarify what do you mean by dewatering. I patiently await your reply.

Dewatering means temporarily pushing the water away from areas you dont want. Pumping is one way, digging a deeper hole a couple of metres away so water fills it up etc etc.

Sponsored Links
Static said:
Dewatering means temporarily pushing the water away from areas you dont want. Pumping is one way, digging a deeper hole a couple of metres away so water fills it up etc etc.

Hi "static"

Thank you. I had had enough of bucketing water out of trenches. I went out and bought a pump. What a pump did it shift water. Half hour to rig it up and 20 minutes to pump 25-30 gallons of water out.

Clay tough as it is but it doesn't let water soakaway awful to work with when wet. I have had many a hard days digging it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back