Ready to tackle new garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

After my 2 room extension successfully built passed and in use I am now ready to build my new garage but the area suffers from ground water. On digging my extension foundations water was seeping in from ground.

Years go I dug the same area to clear for a shed water was seeping through ground. That time it was suggested to me to build a sump and pipe it in to a drain.

That worked but this time I want to get rid of the shed and build my garage. The problem is a water table at back. When it rains heavy water flow is like niagra falls.

I have to dig deeper for hardcore 4 inches and concrete base 4 inches. May have to put in a sump again or is there an alternative. Would my garage 10fX18ft with a pitched roof can be supported by 4 inch concrete base or do I need to put in foundations.

Positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the simplest way is with strip foundations.

a raft may need to be engineered and requires rudimentary reinforcing around the 'toe' and within the slab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back