Garage floods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps.

I think I know the answer to this but would like to get a few second opinions.

Standard garage unattached from the house - single skin brickwork walls -105mm, bitumen felt flat roof in good condition, concrete raft foundations and floor.

The corners of the garage are flooded with 1-2 inch deep puddles. The ground outside the garage is built up to a point above the dpc around much of the perimeter. The ground surrounding the garage is also very waterlogged due to the soil type and the gradient of the land.

I think that the water is simply migrating through the walls, probably at the point where the wall meets the concrete floor?
My plan was to dig down around the perimeter and reduce the levels, in turn reducing the amount of water abutting the walls.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions before I start digging would be greatly appreciated!

Nick.

Sponsored Links
i agree, digging round the outside of the garage would help but this would leave a "moat like" look you could also build 2 or three courses of brick against the existing and tank it(waterproof membrane) then backfill it. presto!! iain the brickie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back