Water softener and low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...I have a Liff 2000 series water softener. The mains water pressure fluctuates outside (lower end) throughout the day of it's set operating pressure which is between 1.7 to 5 bar.
I know that the water company must provide me with at least 1 bar by law and have asked several times for a water pressure test but am losing the will to live with them....anyway, the upshot is that when I have a couple of appliances on together, such as the washing machine and the dishwasher, the softener slowly fills with water as the pressure drops too low to allow the non return valves to work correctly....well, that's what I think is happening anyway!
Am I going to have to fit a booster pump after the stop cock in the house or is there an alternative solution?

Sponsored Links
OK....In my Liff manual it states...
"Problem....water level in brine cabinet reaches overflow.
Solution: Fit a pressure reducing valve or booster pump as required."

How can I do that then if it is illegal?

Sponsored Links
OMG!!! That looks expensive!.....gonna check the actual pressures and record them and plan A is to see if I can get the water company to boost my pressure into the property from the mains first!...been next door and that seems to have cured their problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back