Water softener pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plumbed in our water softener and on the whole it works OK, but I'm wondering if there are any changes I could / should make to improve the water pressure. We have good mains pressure, and the softened water feeds everything except the kitchen cold water and an outside tap. The hot water is from a combi boiler and our shower runs from that. In the picture you can see the mains water come up in the bottom right, through a valve, then tees off, going up to the kitchen cold tap and left, through another valve, then a double check valve, then does a U-turn and into the bypass valve for the water softener. After that, there's a tee which goes up to the filtered water on the kitchen tap, and finally turns and goes out of the back of the kitchen unit and off to the rest of the house. I know that having it come out and go back on itself isn't great, it seemed the best way to add it in to the existing pipework.

Attachments

• iRaNjOCC.jpeg
    iRaNjOCC.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Have it piped up in copper and full flow valves. Speed fit and the liners are quite restrictive and small bore. Aqualisa ban it for use on there showers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back