water softener

Sponsored Links
The softener does not add salt (by which we mean Sodium Chloride) to the water.
I know all that, and I made no reference to that.
The Op needs to know what is in their water before the fitting of any product, as whatever they want to remove from their water might not even be in it. Therefore, they should get hold of the sampling results for thee water in their area to see the levels of whatever it is they want to remove.
These results are available from the water undertaker.

Stivino said "I know all that, and I made no reference to that". Quite, the sodium(salt) denier was obviously trying to duck and dive by going off page - he had no logical answer to your questions so he begins to talk about something else. A bit silly really.
Neither had he any answer for my experiences of freeing valves etc for lumps & particles of sodium(salt).
The health & scientific reports that I've read all mention that sodium consumption from water softeners.
is a health risks.

Stivino said "I know all that, and I made no reference to that". Quite, the sodium(salt) denier was obviously trying to duck and dive by going off page - he had no logical answer to your questions so he begins to talk about something else. A bit silly really.
Neither had he any answer for my experiences of freeing valves etc for lumps & particles of sodium(salt).
The health & scientific reports that I've read all mention that sodium consumption from water softeners.
is a health risks.
Your posts were/are irrelevant to the topic and almost unintelligible, I just skimmed over them. They don't merit a reply from me.

Sponsored Links
is a health risks.

I'm sorry to hear you've been reading misleading or erroneous reports.

Did any of them tell you the amount of sodium in a glass of softened water
Compared to the amount in a slice of bread?
Or a glass of milk?
Or a Big Mac?

If you drink two litres of softened water per day, you will consume about the same amount of additional sodium IN A MONTH as is contained in a teaspoonful of salt.

I have a whole house water softener in a hard water area. Installed by previous owner. In attached garage, where mains water enters building. It would be very, very difficult and disruptive to run a pipe for hard drinking water to the kitchen due to the house layout

My wife and granddaughter both say the softened water isn't nice tasting; either 'as is' or in tea.
My tastebuds are less sensitive and cannot tell the difference. I have to fill plastic bottles with hard tap water for tea making and drinking water for them.

All I have read says to avoid softened water for very young babies and those on a strict very low sodium diet... Otherwise it is, like the Earth, mostly harmless.

No, it is common practice to have an unsoftened water tap in the kitchen for drinking. This is usually not a significant cost.

You do not need unsoftened water elsewhere.

I see no problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back