Water Softeners?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I live in York with reasonably hard water!.

After replacing taps/ cartridges and new taps again in 8 years they are suffering bady from limescale damage (especially hot side).

Just tought earlier our WB boiler is 8 years old and the heat exchanger surely must be suffering from it as well?..

Location wise depending on size it will have to go before the boiler really, I realise this will only protect the boiler and hot water but better than nothing I guess..

Any recommendations?, had a quick search and the threads are 9 years old now so interested in what people currently recommend?.

We have poor water pressure and run a Salamander Homeboost so max flow really is only 12lpm.

Sponsored Links
I installed a limescale inhibitor in our house as the water main rises and splits the opposite side of the house to the rest of the plumbing. If you're only interested in eliminating limescale, I can recommend these. Something like the Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE. You can normally pick them up for ~£100 on ebay. Costs between £40 and £60 a year to run.

Cheers, I may be able to fit that on my rising main, will have a measure up!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back