Water stores?

D

dextrous

A friend of mine has low mains pressure (1.5bar) and quite a low flow rate (approx 6lpm). He has a pressurised cylinder and system boiler.

His house has 2 kitchens, an 3 bathrooms (one of which has a bath, the other two are showers)

In order to overcome the low mains supply, he has been recommended 3 fifty gallon CWS in the garage and an impellor to run all the water feeds (hot and cold) from that point on. Does this sound ok to you?

Moreover, he wants to know the best way of taking water from these storage tanks. He was thinking of having three ballvalves fed from the mains and having three outlets, one from each tank teed together externally. I think that it would be better to have one ballvalve and the tanks to be interlinked before a single outlet at the last tank, since the incoming mains can only provide a given flowrate at any time, and so additional valves for two extra tanks will be superfluous.

Advice please :confused:

Sponsored Links
Removed advice, seem to remember this OP flaming me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back