Water supply from house to outbuliding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a couple of cold water taps in an outbuilding about 10m from our house (one tap inside and another on the outside). So far I have laid 20mm mdpe pipe in a trench 0.75m deep (starting at a point on the house where copper water pipes are located inside). The question is how best to route and connect the pipe to my domestic mains? While not wishing to fall foul of the regulations, I am keen to keep this job as quick and simple as possible. Any advise on fittings through walls, insulation etc much appreciated please. And, do I have to involve the water board?

Sponsored Links
Continue your blue mains pipe through your outside wall to an area where it is easy to connect to your domestic water. Under the kitchen sink is great or downstairs WC. If you buy a 20mm to 15mm conex adaptor connecting to you pipe work is easy. I would definatly fit a stop tap to isolate your outside pipework and you will need a double check valve (water regs stops back syphonage) lag the pipe work outside where it is above ground, Use the thicker lagging. seal around you mains pipe where it enters your house with external silicone too. Oh and always use inserts in your mains pipes!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back