Water Supply Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We are on a spring fed water system and, lo and behold, 4-5 days ago we lost water, presumably due to the drought.
Since then we’ve had a lot of rain, and we presumed at some point our supply would be replenished, however, I was thinking that it is quite likely that an airlock might have formed in the pipe work between our property and the reservoir.
If so, how are we able to remove the airlock without any supply of water at all?
We’re probably going to call in a professional but just wondered if anyone has any ideas in the meantime. Would be nice to sort it ourselves.
Needless to say we have started the process of connecting to mains water, don’t think we can risk it happening again in future years.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
That’s probably going’s to require a pump of some sort. You mention spring and then reservoir, I’m not up on these really, but I’m sure they’re different.

It will also take time for the water to meander through to the spring from the surrounding land.

Sponsored Links
Agreed, we’re hoping we get supply back in the next couple of days but just in case I’m thinking we need to find a way to displace the air in the pipes, bit of a conundrum but I think we might have to just call a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back