Water supply question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, great forum.

I have a question regarding splitting current supply to my property (I have searched and not got the answer I am looking for).

I have purchased the field next to my house, I want to have a water supply for a potential self sufficiency project. Now I have been quoted over £3000 for a new supply, which feels day light robbery for the amount of work needed.

If I split the supply coming into the house (I have to run a trench for power etc) will it effect the pressure to the main house?

Run from house to the first tap will be 60 - 70 metres

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
If you split your supply then it will have an effect. Without knowing what your supply characteristics are it's not possible to know what effect splitting will have.

What is the static pressure?
What is the dynamic pressure?
What flow rate do you have?
What size is the service pipework?
What is the new supply to be used for?

By the way self- sufficient but needs a water & power supply?!

If you split your supply then it will have an effect. Without knowing what your supply characteristics are it's not possible to know what effect splitting will have.

What is the static pressure?
What is the dynamic pressure?
What flow rate do you have?
What size is the service pipework?
What is the new supply to be used for?

By the way self- sufficient but needs a water & power supply?!

Thanks, self sufficient as in small holding, ie water for animals, hose etc. power for lighting, plugs in the sheds / barn.

Not sure on flow rate, we currently have showers that do not need pumps and worried that might change if I effect the pressure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back