Water supply to garage. Isolation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have run a water pipe (25mm Mdpe) in a trench from house to garage. Connected up in garage using 25mm to 15mm stopcock. Going to use a JG reducer to connect in the property.
Just wondered if 1) this all sounds ok? 2) should I add an isolation valve where I am creating the connection in the property?

Thanks for any help.
Chris

Sponsored Links
How deep is the trench? Ideally it should be at least 750mm deep. This is to help in avoiding the pipe from freezing in winter and any damage from above.
Depending on what it is being used for, backflow prevention should be added (checkvalve).
I'd add a means of isolation at the take off point in your house

Yeah trench is atleast 750 so that is all good. That's great, I will put an isolation valve is property.
The supply is for a new sink in garage and outside tap on the wall of the garage. The outside tap I have got has a double check valve in it. Do i need to fit another aswell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back