Water tank overflow into soil stack

OK - Do I take it I can use a Tundish/Hepvo with iunsect screen and that it will comply?

Sponsored Links
Only of it is somewhere visible. It's a warning pipe, no warning will be given if you can't tell if it's overflowing.

Only of it is somewhere visible. It's a warning pipe, no warning will be given if you can't tell if it's overflowing.

OK but what do you mean by visibile, and more importantly what do the regs say - a tundish would be visible in the attic, cupboard, or under the stairs if you took a look ... would that do? After all I wasn't planning to hide it ... Perhpas the best bet is to add an audio alarm as already mentioned.

If the ballcock failed, I think you'd hear it in the attic anyway, and in the worst case scenario, I'd certainly notice a reduction in pressure elsewhere, and the attic is used freqeuntly ... there must be a definitive answer wherher a tundish is acceptable in the attic wihtout an audio alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back