Water under boiler - Britony 80 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have a britony 80 combi boiler in our loft. We have had leaks before from the boiler so I am very wary of any problems with it now!

I noticed this evening when I went up to turn the thermostat up that there was a very small pool of water underneath where I keep a tray due to the last set of leaks that took BG 12 visits to fix.

No problems with pressure loss or any problems with the boiler or heating itself.

Is it possible the water is condensation from the cold water inlet pipe or am I facing another possible leak? I felt around and there was moisture on the cold pipe so wondering if perhaps it could be condensation due to the temperature drop in the last 24 hours.

Last time there was a leak I think it had something to do with the automatic air vent?

Trying to avoid an engineer visit if I can although we are covered by Homecare.

Sponsored Links
If you have home care , then use it and call them out,. A leak will not get better by it's self.

Andy

Sponsored Links
a common leak on these is on one of the solvent joints on the hydro-block on the cold water inlet so wouldnt show a pressure drop on your system guage but will definately get worse if it is that so get BG out if you have care cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back