Waterfall tap leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For no apparent reason my waterfall tap has started to leak. Water is coming out of the bottom of the pillar but I've checked the hot and cold connections and they're both fine. I've had the cartridge out and that looked ok too so I checked the seating and put the whole thing back together, double tightened everything, turned on and the leak is worse! It only leaks when the tap is turned on, applies equally to the hot and cold so I'm at a complete loss. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
OK, had a plumber take a look - he reckoned a new cartridge would fix it so I've found a cartridge just the same as the previous one, fits fine. I've now got the contraption back on the wall, turned on the tap to check and whereas the water comes out of the top ok it's still coming out of the bottom of the pillar as well. Ruling out a faulty replacement cartidge (it's doing exactly the same as the one before) and loose water joints (I've checked again) I can't see where the water is coming from.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek: Yes, bin it.

If it's the one in your link, it looks hideous, and is probably Chinese made.

Get something less gimmicky, that's actually good quality and tasteful.

Go for Grohe or Bristan, and cut your losses.

Once again :eek: :eek: HIDEOUS. But, each to their own. Sorry mate! ;)

Hideous? That's the understatement of the year. :p

It's a thing of beauty. We should all have one.
1.gif

I can't see where the water is coming from.
I can't see where the designer was coming from.
Probably the pub after a skinfull?!?

OK guys, so you don't like it - it happens to suit the quirky room that it's in but despite the question of taste it's still leaking from the base when I turn either of the taps on. I don't really know how these cartridges work - does the chamber it's in fill with water before coming out of the top? If so is it worth plugging the lug holes with gunk before re-seating it? If it doesn't then it suggests that something has gone amiss between where the water comes in at the bottom and the cartridge, although it doesn't leak when the taps are off so that would seem unlikely.
Given it might not be to your taste, I'm mystified and still need some help - thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back