Waterless Traps and Washing Machines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gurus!

hoping you can help me with a query.

I’m replacing my washing machine and want to take the opportunity to tidy up the plumbing to give me a little more space.

the old machine waste pipe sits in a standpipe around 700mm high, then down into a p trap which goes to the waste coming from the wall just above floor level.

I am planning to use an osma hepvo waterless trap to save the space of the p trap.

if I do this, do I still need to connect the hepvo trap to the standpipe and sit the WM waste in the top of that, or can I (with appropriate fitting) connect the WM waste directly into the hepvo closer to ground level?

thanks v much !

Sponsored Links
You'll still need a standpipe for the hose. There should be guidance, height etc., in the WM instructions.

I wouldn't use a waterless trap. Washing machines and dishwashers are notoriously bad for leaving deposits behind, check out your spigot and waste and you'll see what I mean.
The diaphragm inside a waterless trap can become easily clogged and then doesn't close properly and it then starts to smell and needs cleaned regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back