Waterproofing above Damp Course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am building a garage in the back garden and there is a bit of a level difference between the neighbour to my lefts garden and the neighbour to my right.
The one garden is level with mine but the other is alot higher. I am just building up to damp course/floor level. The height which is just right for stepping into the garage from the garden and driving the car in from the access drive is about 2 bricks below the other neighbours garden level. Where his garden meets my garage is also a concrete path which cant be lowered etc.

What can I do to waterproof the wall above my damp course until the wall comes up above the path? I was thinking a waterproof render of some kind but whatever I do needs to be a long term reliable solution.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most nothing about your previous posts or the above post appears to add up.

Whatever, if you have indeed taken out planning permission, and the Bldg Regs (which you were attempting to duck) then the drawer of the plans would have forseen any future DPC or other obvious difficulties, likewise the foundation sections would have been on the plans.

No BCO in my limited experience is going to allow you to build-in a bridged damp proof course.

It's a garage so there are no detailed plans, this is the real world and I have only drawn the elevations and floor plan etc to get planning permission (which I applied for and has been granted without issue). Also building regs have been on site more than once and are happy with progress. Next time try offering a solution instead of giving a useless lecture. Whatever, the point is that if I take the damp course up high enough to clear the neighbours path I will need stepladders to enter from the garden and a monster truck to get in from the driveway. So I want to keep the damp course low and come up with a solution for the one wall that is giving me the trouble. No more lectures please as they simply lead to bickering. By being on here in the first place I am admitting that I am short on knowledge and need help from you guys.

Thanks in advance

I am admitting that I am short on knowledge and need help from you guys.
Thanks in advance

Nothing wrong with that fellow We can not fly a fighter jet, but we do not let it get us down.
Couple questions .
Is your Poly DPM and slab laid?
How much from between your new flank wall and next doors path?
Regards oldun

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I haven't laid the slab or dpm yet. The path is about 2 inches from the brickwork at the closest point but theres a bit more room than that along most of the wall.

What you require , I think is a waterproof render from below to about 12" above your DPC. I think the protruding DPC is just an embarassment as it won't help with the damp coming in above it, it'll just stop the render sticking. The stuff to go for is SRBF, which you add to the mortar or cement, not a pleasant colour, it goes off blue. There are paint on tanking preparations, the bitumen based ones will harden and crack, don't know about aquaseal 88, its clear, so is it UV proof?
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back