Waterproofing Brick wall

I can't really see it. Is it a brown clay yard gully? They are usually broken in older houses.

Sponsored Links
Yes I think so. I can get a better picture tomorrow when it is light out.

Are you 100% sure your walls have cavities? It's just I am in a similar house and have solid walls here.

Is the drain outside the kitchen? I have the original terracotta tiles here too and what has happened to me is the bricks have got frost damaged on the inside in that area, which in my house is the back corner of the kitchen. These bricks are below the dpc.

I am in a high water area here and think that is one cause of the problem, perhaps it is the same with you?

With my house there isn't a cheap fix and I have just removed the bad plaster.

Yes it has cavities. I had the free government cavity wall insulation put in.
The drain is at the side of the house which use to be used for a guttering pipe but it was moved to the front of house.
Well the gap in the bottleneck of the pipe is below dpc so maybe the gap could be the cause after all. Maybe water and frost. I was getting a glug, glug noise coming from the corner inside the house every time it rained a lot too.

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg
I've got a clearer picture of the drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back