Waterproofing garage wall again!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my insulated floor in the garage because of water ingress through the concrete block walls at the floor level. Originally I just floated chipboard over 50mm jablite. This time I'm going to put down a DPM lapped up the walls then some floor joists and then put PIR or grade 70 poly down between and then top with 22mm T&G flooring chipboard.

My question is how to seal the concrete block wall at ground level?

The wall in question is about 400mm from my neighbours concrete block wall and my slab which is also the garage floor goes right up to his wall, so water can lie there but it does dry out. The water doesn't appear to rise up the wall now that I've exposed the inner surfaces to see what's happening and has got wet and then dried since I removed the old floor.

I've looked at Cementone products, both Tanking and Aquaprufe are well regarded, plus there waterproof rapid setting mortar if I need to fill any holes or cracks. But should I just do the inside surfaces so to allow the outside to breath and dry, or should I do both sides?

Sponsored Links
RichD1, hi.

An "iffy" answer?

How about you consider a high level fix?

Does your Neighbour have a similar problem? and is the neighbours wall you refer to a Garage?

How about with and providing your Neighbour agrees you fit a form of a valley gutter between your wall and that of your neighbour, this will tend to divert any rain water from gathering in the gap between the two properties?

The above depends on some of the questions posed in the above and if your neighbour agrees?

Ken

Unfortunately it is just a wall and a walkaway on my neighbours property. We are slightly lower than them on our side, so was thinking of applying the tanking to the first 300mm of their wall.

There is not a huge amount of water getting there as it is only falling rain which collects there.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back