Waterproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems that previous attempts to waterproof the first few courses of brickwork on our outside walls was done with Blackjack paint. Reading up on the stuff it doesn't say for use in masonry. It's neees another coat so I was thinking of just using the same again, I'm not sure how breathable it is. Does anyone know if it'll cause a problem, I imagine it's impossible to strip?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, attached

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210803_073727.jpg
    20210803_073727.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 114
Tmon, good evening, again.

A couple of questions?

Are you simply wanting to make the appearance look better externally.

Any indications of dampness internally?

As to removal. ??? not easy without causing some damage to the bricks, only "safe" removal method without too much damage to the brick is to look @ "soda blasting" or a similar procedure, such as Dry Ice blasting, less messy, but more difficult to handle.

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Good morning

There's no sign of dampness and I don't mind it being black. I just wish to give it a fresh coat as some of the black has come away or cracked. So to make it look tidier and ensure dampness doesn't start

Thanks

T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back