Ways of marketing a roofing company HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all after searching the web adding to directories ive come to a loose end with marketing vans are sign written any advice would be greatly received .

Sponsored Links
Its word of mouth or people seeing you doing jobs.
If you have money to spare you can waste some on yell.

We've never advertised.
Never a sign on a van either. It will be time to quit when we have to advertise.

Sponsored Links
the reason im struggling to get work is that im been under cut by foreigners and people doing things so cheap that they cant possibly be doing it right these are things that i have to take in consideration when pricing

im not into roofing but we are a trade counter on a main road which helps, but mostly fitting work is reccomends. maybe an A-board left at the house for a week, or send one of lads round the area where each job is and leaflet it. a guy who buys off us does well from advertising in a local magazine which only lets 1 of each trade advertise. You can buy 'leads' from internet companies that blag people to enter their details, but youre up against at least 2 salesmen. we tried advertising on doctors appointment cards once, got absolutely ripped off, we went in docs for a card and they said youre not allowed to advertise on them at that practice! plus the company tried taking us to court for not paying! be careful

thank u all for your replies i have a website fully optimised ive done everything that you have all suggested lets just wait and see what comes ! saying that thats the problem waiting for something to come ! in this day and age it looks as if you actually have to go and look for the work apposed to putting your company name out there and waiting for people to come to you or ring you.

sounds abit cowboyish to go out knocking doors even if you are just bringing things to peoples attention

wm roofline you say u spend 1k a month u may be reluctant to share your advertising plan or stratergy but hows this is it a combination of advertising or all eggs one basket kind of thing
Trade reccommendation site are a waste of money u get ripped off

OMG theres loads you can do:

If you're interested in local listings in Google then firstly make sure your listing is as complete as it can be. Take time writing a detailed description and adding images. Dont forget to ask clients to leave reviews for you.

Next look at a local listing for a term you want to rank for. Take their name and postcode or phone number and do a search. submit your info to all of the places they are listed. do this for every competitor in the local listings and you'll soon rank. Make sure when entering your business information you are consistent THIS IS IMPORTANT!

As for regular SEO then youve dont the right thing in looking at directories theyre easy. Id suggest regsitering with moz and downloading their toolbar and ONLY submit to sites where the home page has a DA (Domain Authority) over 30. To make it easy to find the right directories for you search in google for:

allintitle:"directory" roofing

you can change roofing to more generic terms like diy, new build, guttering and any other related terms to find ever more sources of links.

The second thing you could do is make sure you're marketing effectively offline. Spend an hour walking around the area of a job and post postcards. As you're in the area you can quickly pop in and make the most of business in the area.

I'm not a tradesman but a customer, and I do get cards through the door for different trades and things often...and I have kept them.

My house looks like poop, and it is so obviously mid renovation (so am not just a scutty bugger with a dilapidated house, as I guess you want top stay away from those), so they have all caught me at the right time for brickies, rubbish removal, roofers etc..

My road has at least 5 or 6 properties all being done up right now (not in your area though), if you can find a similar sort of area where you can see a lot of work going on, I would definately get your guys to leaflet, as most of the time older roads, all the houses seem to wear out at a similar time.

------
Check out my profile for my house renovation journal

Sponsored Links
Back