WB 240 RSF prv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, so had some chap out to replace the prv and an iso valve

He was not very familiar with WB boilers but managed to replace the parts but committed 2 school boy errors:

1) forgot the washer in prv so had to pull it out and redo.

2) did not commission properly (fully discharge air from pump/heat exchanger) which meant boiler did not fire up on hot water and heating demand. This took him over 30 mins to workout, the reset switch could not be pressed as it was hard to press, he thought the switch was faulty. In the end he worked out the pump was getting hot thereby not allowing boiler switch to be pressed, he turned the screw to expel air and then it fired up.

I will make sure i hire someone else next time, just want the boiler to last 5 months before it gets replaced with a easy to work on valiant.

Boiler is 18 years old (i have used it for 11) the only other part replaced was a diverter valve 6 years ago and its provided good service.

Sponsored Links
Im sure he was thrilled to have you constantly looking over his shoulder as well. Pretty sure the feeling will be mutual for the engineer.

What exactly was the point in your post?

Im sure he was thrilled to have you constantly looking over his shoulder as well. Pretty sure the feeling will be mutual for the engineer.

What exactly was the point in your post?

Just thought i mention it, things to look out for on a wb 240 rsf.

Appliance may contain washers and air. Duly noted. Thankyou

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back