WB 24Ri in loft with an air lock...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an unvented WB 24Ri in my loft on an unvented system feeding an unvented cylinder with s-plan plus controls.

I have fitted a new radiator and refilled the system. All rads are bled. 1.5bar system pressure

The pump is running, but noisy, the AAV is not blocked, but the boiler won't stay lit for more than a few seconds. I believe there is a airlock in the cylinder coil and as advised by my installer the last time this happened I have been pulsing the pump to shift the air. Some air has escaped from the AAV but very little.

Last time the problem fixed itself over a week when the pump was left on constantly, house unoccupied.

I have been pulsing for 1.5 hours, and no change... :(

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unlikely it is only air in the coil, unless your pump is almost completely dead.
As for advice, a couple of bleeding valves would not go amiss by the sound of it.

Sponsored Links
Try opening the pump valve on top to let any air out, plus what the other guys have suggested. Finally, if all else fails connect a hose from a cold water (mains fed) tap to the bleed point on a rad and back fill.....make sure you have someone watch the header tank or you can over fill and flood......

After leaving it for an hour and then going back and pulsing the pump again it seems to have cleared the lock.

I didn't lock the valves open, which probably would have helped.

Not sure how I could have overfilled the header tank on an unvented system either...?

Thanks for the help anyway

bleed valve on top of heat exchanger,thumb type lever has a short plastic pipe attached to it.
dont get boiler electrics wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back