WB240RSF on & off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have a WB240RSF which is working, as in it will produce hot water & central heating. However if either hot water or heating is demanded the boiler will fire up as expected but then proceeds to drop the burners & reignite continually throughout its use. As I say the water gets hot or the rads get warm as expected, but the boiler will click away; & this is something it has only done recently. I can only think that the boiler believes that it is getting too hot for a split second because the water temp does vary as the boiler burner goes on & off?

I have a good understanding of my boiler having changed the diverter & water to water exchange in the past but cannot locate this problem? Can anyone suggest things to look for?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i suspect that the problem will emanate from within the combustion chamber.

=> the standard reply is to call a qualified gas guy i'm afraid.

When you say combustion section. Could it be something as simple as the burners needing a clean etc cos I do not think it has been serviced for approx. 2 years.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just discovered something else; if the hot water is left running for a long while, like a long shower, or the heating is left on, eventually when the system gets very very hot then the boiler will stop clicking on/off & the temperature stabilizes. Does this have any relevant on things?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back