WC on internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bathroom is 2m x 3m. I am thinking of having the bath across the short wall, directly under the window and a wall-hung WC on one of the internal walls. The bath is 1.8m long and 80cm wide, which gives 20cm to spare and, allowing for the slope of the end of the bath, I imagine there would be ample room for the soil pipe to reach the outside wall OK - but there would be a long run of soil pipe. Would this give a sufficient fall? Our present arrangement was done by an optomistic plumber who fitted the WC with a near-horizontal soil pipe and we are always having problems with flushing. We have a wooden suspended floor and there is a drain cover not far from the bathroom window. We don't want the WC suspended too high - is there a maximum recommended length of run or gradient for soil pipes? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Oops, I thought this was a weather compensation question for Alex!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back