WC Pan replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace an old (1965) S trap pan. It's mortared into the top of a (salt glazed?) pipe in a concrete floor.
Whats the best way of removing it without breaking the pipe flange?

Sponsored Links
Almost impossible, in my experience. Accept that the drain socket will go and you'll have to connect into the bore of the drain pipe using a suitable WC connector - lots on the market, even ? shaped ones which you might need (Multikwik, McAlpine, Polypipe, etc.)

Not saying I've done many (3?) but I 've never broken one taking the pan out. Smash the pan up of course, and bung the hole with a rag.

But then, in every case, I've removed the flange anyway, with varying degrees of care, cos they look naff.

Angle grinder is ohso messy.
A line of masonry-drilled 4mm holes gives you a start to chip your way round from.

Sponsored Links
remove cistern, sit on floor in front of pan, and using base of feet , give big kick. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back