WC soil connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to change our bathroom an wanted to check the WC soil connection please.

I have attached a photo and wondered if the brown pipe emerging from the floor level connection can be removed and the new waste connection fitted directly into the floor?

If I do this, is the 'socket' connection in the floor supported in any way or am I likely to cause myself grief by pushing the existing connector below the level of the floor?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
If a wooden floor then impossible to say without looking underneath. I would ascertain whats going on before doing much more, the brown bend may take some effort to remove from the socket in the floor, you dont want to be disturbing anything downstream you're not aware of...

If a concrete floor you should be ok, I'd hope the concrete/screed would be strong enough to hold everything in place!

It will pull out but if it’s been in there a while it will be hard to pull. I would pull it while making a bit of a circling motion to pull/wiggle it out.

I can't make out if it's chipboard or screed :unsure:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back