WC soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to install a WC in a small room we have.
I wanted to know which size soil pipe fits the WC pan.

Is there a standard size?

Also I would prefer plastic pipe. Any idea of cost per me?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes i have.
There is already a sleeve on the external soil pipe where i can put the waste pipe into. Am I right in thinking that I need to work backwards from the external soil pipe?

I also need to put in a basin. Can I direct the basin waste into the WC soil?
Can this be done after the WC (thinking about the water regs here).

Sponsored Links
larco said:
Am I right in thinking that I need to work backwards from the external soil pipe?

That's usually the best way - and sometimes the only way. You can't exactly spring 110mm pipe into place! Bear in mind that, until you get the pan connected and water in the trap, sewer gas will escape from the open end. :eek: :eek: :eek: If you have to leave the job for more than a few minutes, tie a plastic bag over it.

and also said:
Can I direct the basin waste into the WC soil?

It would be best to take this straight into the vertical stack by way of a strap boss.

thanks.
what is the best way of cutting upvc soil pipe?

what is the best way of cutting upvc soil pipe?

There might be a special tool for this but I haven't got one. Measure carefully, wrap a sheet of newspaper round it so that the edges line up then mark all the way around the paper's edge. That'll give you a square cut end. :cool: :cool: :cool: For the actual cutting I worked my way around with a hacksaw, taking great care not to let it slip. Finally, de-burr the cut end and file a chamfer onto it. This, along with a good dollop of washing-up liquid, will allow it to slide easily into the socket. :) :) :)

NB: You should cut plastic pipe slightly short to allow for expansion. I can't remember how much should be allowed per metre of pipe. I'll try and find out, though somebody else will probably get in first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back