wc upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all can you tell me if i need planning

my plan is to put a WC and basin in my mums bedroom witch is directly above the bathroom downstairs the water pipes go through the bedroom to the bathroom downstairs so not much work to get water to basin and toilet..

the waste concerns me a little there is a vent stack that goes up the outside wall that the toilet waste is connected to down stairs,

Q can i just branch off the vent stack for the toilet upstairs?
if yes what run/angle would be needed?

Q where do i put the waste from the basin the waste down stairs is a separate pipe?

any help would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
So long as you have access to the svp then yes you can connect the loo to the stack.

Typically, a foul drain requires about 25mm of fall every 1000mm or 1:40. If there is only a short distance between the loo and stack and there are few bends, then momentum will allow the falls to be much less.

The basin waste can either be bossed into the stack or use a cloak suite type w.c. multiquick with a 32mm spigot.

Thats great would i need building reg or planning for this thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Planning no unless your house is listed.

Building control yes.

Although Scotish rules may differ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back