Wc waste height woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at doing a bathroom re fit for my brother in law, this one is in a block of flats on the fifth floor.

Will be basically be a complete rip out with new everything. They want a new freestanding wc/basin unit to replace the existing set up, a slightly longer bath with tiled panel and boxed tile panel at end of bath going back to basin wall.

Only trouble is the toilet waste centre is approx 220mm off the finished floor level. It currently has a mounted pan on a frame. See pics.

Changing the waste is pretty much a no no due to how it's set up, trust me I would love to change it as I know it's the easiest option.

Anyone fitted back to wall pans that have high waste outlets? And if so where did you get it? I don't particularly want to have to fit a wall hung pan, was hoping just a standard sink/basin unit but with back to wall pan. Raising the whole floor 20-30mm could be a possible option, but would rather not have to. Same applies to having the pan on a plinth.

Any ideas welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 784
Sponsored Links
Thanks. Would I be able to use one of the these in conjunction with an 'off the self' sink/wc unit?

An off the shelf WC yes - they are a combined frame cistern and valve set. You need to chose the push buttons to taste. Connect the basin waste as required.

Can't really see what the problem is with the soil pipe based on your pictures.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks.

It's just the current finished floor level to waste pipe centre is about 220/230mm. All the waste outlets for wc's I've been looking at are around 185/195mm.

They basically want a unit similar to this

Attachments

• IMG_2537.PNG
    IMG_2537.PNG
    351.1 KB · Views: 350
Should be doable..... Depends on your skills.

But those frames are the only thing that make bathroom work tolerable for me. God awful job.

Ok thanks, definitely sounds like an option then.

You mean bathrooms in general are a god awful job or just fitting back to wall pans?!

Bathrooms in general. I try and avoid them if I can... stuck with 5 of the feckers in one house to do at the moment.... well 4 down.... 1 to go plus the plant room. When the finish making the basement that is.

They basically want a unit similar to this

Wall hung pans are height adjustable but not the one in the picture. A floor standing pan outlet will be too low (as i think you recognise).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back