WCCTV Engineers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any historic WCCTV engineers on here available for a chat? Please DM me.

Only interested in hearing from those with experience on WCCTV products.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thats me out, but if you want private consultation then be prepared to pay.

Historic is how far back, makes and models? They have been going about 20 years, based near us in Rochdale and they do have tech support available?

Thats me out, but if you want private consultation then be prepared to pay.

Historic is how far back, makes and models? They have been going about 20 years, based near us in Rochdale and they do have tech support available?
Yh I appreciate that. It’s not so much a private consultation I’m after, just advice from someone on the “inside”, that’s all. The reason I say historic is because the questions I need answering wouldn’t probably be forthcoming with “calling the help desk”, so to speak.

It’s in relation to a mobile camera suddenly appeared on the lamppost outside my kitchen window, with the lens directly in my personal field of view.

Aren't there rules against pointing a camera at somebody's property? (sorry if you know this already!)

If your CCTV system captures images of people outside the boundary of your private domestic property – for example, from neighbours’ homes or gardens, shared spaces, or from public areas – then the GDPR and the DPA will apply to you. You will need to ensure your use of CCTV complies with these laws. If you do not comply with your data protection obligations you may be subject to appropriate regulatory action by the ICO, as well as potential legal action by affected individuals.

If it was on another private property you'd contact the local council. But as it is not, maybe call the police and ask for advice. Although as it is on the lamppost, the local council is responsible for that too.

I'd call the cops. But I guess this might be more involved than that.

Sponsored Links
Contact the ICO as they cover privacy issues specifically and contact the police.

its Unlikely legitimate use of the camera, the local authority look after the street lamps and sub contract the work out usually.

I would ask it to be removed and all 3 parties ask where you stand on covering the camera to protect your privacy.

its a legal privacy issue not really an engineer question.

shame you dont know put the camera up as you may be able to prosecute them.

I would go and put a cover over the lens and then speak to the police and council about it.
If someone is spying on you they will possibly come along in the night to remove the cover. If you have a camera pointing out your house to the camera, you may find out who is removing the cover.
As stated, it is illegal to have a camera pointing at someone else's property without their knowledge.

A similar sounding camera was put on a lamp post nearish me a few years ago, but it was pointing down a path where there has been asb. The police put it there themselves. But this sounds very different.

Are there any historic WCCTV engineers on here available for a chat? Please DM me.

Only interested in hearing from those with experience on WCCTV products.

Thanks.

Not a WCCTV engineer but experience working for a company that integrates to them and public space CCTV in general.

WCCTV won't be much use as even though their names all over it and it connects via their infrastructure it'll be going back to somewhere else, usually a control room.

Happy to have a chat if you're not sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back