Weak mortar

Sponsored Links
Yes its your builders reaponsabilty to sort it out if its coming out with a jetwash i would say is alot weaker that 6.1 tbh

Thanks would repointing be good enough tho if the mortar is weaker than 6:1 The builder seems to think it's because it was hot weather when It was built and hot weather causes this? Any way he doesn't want anything to do with it and thinks the brickies should fix it but I don't know if there's legal ground I can take with them I'm confused

It depends hoe much weaker ? If its 6.1 id rake it out as deep as i could get and repoint it and as far is it stands legal you had a contract with your builder to provide you with an exststension he chose to sub it out there for u could take him to court qnd sue him for a repair he could then sue the brickies but if i was the builder id just spend a day on it amd sort it reputation is every thing.if you have a good expereience u may tell 1 person have q bad one you will tell 10

Sponsored Links
No there was no frost. it was hot weather. The front of the extension is fine even the 6:1 part but the sun never comes around the front so the joints seem nice there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back