Weed killer for block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on with yet another pressure washing of the driveway block paving which I'll seal with sand.

Does anyone know of a weed killer, in powder form, I can mix into the sand to prevent weeds for a couple of years?

I know the ideal solution is geotextile under the paving but the house builder ('93 ) didn't bother laying any.

Sponsored Links
Membrane under paving dosn't stop weeds not what it's for the weeds grow in the joints good maintenance is the only cure

Use Pathclear

and don't disturb the sand (e.g. by raking, weeding or jetwashing) or you will have to apply it again.

Sponsored Links
It's too stop sub grade an sub base mixing nothing to do with weeds they will grow in the sand layer and joints

I was plagued with weeds for years. The weeds grow from the top down. Air blown spores/seeds get into the sand and take root. I had some success mixing kiln dried sand with cement - approximately 50:50. Brush it in dry and then water, then top up.

Screenshot_20210713-202156.png

Guy who laid my drive said the best way to prevent weeds was to sweep it regularly. He reckons the seeds get swept up/out and don't get the chance to take hold. Unfortunately I have a long drive and cant be arsed to keep sweeping it as regularly as I should, although it does appear to keep the weeds down.

Well if the No Grow stuff mentioned above impedes the germination of weed seeds, its one to consider.

I'd likely pay the £4 delivery for x2 20KG bags since the nearest Wickes is about 20 miles away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back