Weed killer

Tjs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone recommend a decent weed killer that you can buy from home base, b and q, etc. every weed killer I use doesn't really do the job and get rid as they keep growing back.

Sponsored Links
Yeh thanks for that, I have done so yet more come back. Hence the reason for a decent weed killer.

What type of weeds? if its dandelion's poke a lenghty screwdriver down the middle of the plant into the root and poor salt in it,that'll do for them.

Sponsored Links
Not too sure, just annoying weeds. Ok thanks I'll try that.

There is no weedkiller that will keep weeds away permanently. Your soil is full of weed seeds, they blow in on the wind, animals and birds bring them in, when you allow a weed to flower it sets seed and you get more.

You can spray weeds that are growing with a systemic weedkller and it will kill them. It won't kill weeds that haven't come up yet. You've got a couple of choices - keep spraying them as they appear / digging or hoeing them out or landscape your garden so that you have no open soil. Cover it up with weed suppressing membrane and cover with a mulch of your choice - bark, gravel, slate etc.

You want one with glyphosate, will kill the roots of the plant you are spraying. I use Rosate 36 (the same as roundup but cheaper) myself, although that is a professional product, you need to know how to use it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back