Weedkiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum's got this bit of garden that's like a wildnerness - it's full of weeds and rogue grass. It's about 20metres by 1metre.

It's a bit of a nightmare to try and dig over cos it's on an embankment and there's a fence at the bottom of it, so we wondered about lobbing weedkiller on to give us a fighting start at least of getting rid of the weeds and grass.

Is there anything that will due that? I'm assuming that normal weedkiller won't kill off the grass.

What's the best thing to use on it?

Sponsored Links
Alison. - I reckon you need to use a product that contains Glyphosate, which essentially kills down through the roots of a plant. Many gardeners use it to clear areas for planting which makes it ideal for you as it does not contaminate the soil.

There are lots of products that contain it - all available at your Garden centre.

Brilliant thanks. I'll go a hunting for something with that in it.

It's a bloomin pain cos my mum got a guy in to do the garden and he came armed with a rotivator but didn't rotivate the bit that actually needed it cos it's on a hill. And that was the bit that was the hardest for us to do.

Gonna have to send the dogs out to dig........................... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its certainly easier too see on the shelf than looking through the contents of all the brands

Thanks all - Roundup it is - I think I saw a Roundup Weed and Grass killer.

All I need now is the rain to stop - if it carries on like this, we'll be needing a machete to get through the weeds!

Then I'll be back for ideas of what we can do with the obscure bit of ground!!

it will need a good few applications as the stuff in garden centres is a low grade compared to the commercial stuf. (supposed to be safer but i think its to make you buy more!)

I take it I can't wander off somewhere and buy the commercial stuff?

what you could try, is spraying it once which is quick work (but beware of spray drifting onto valued plants). this will kill a lot of the small stuff, which will die back so you can clear it away. the bigger things will still be there but you can then deal with them individually and you can see what you are doing better and move around more easily.

SBK Brush Killer is very good for brambles and bigger things (but does not kill grass)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back